1. NEH is an FAA approved Part 141 Flight School, which allows us to offer financing options that Part 61 schools cannot. These option include: SLM Financial, VA -Montgomery GI Bill, and the VA- Vocational Rehabilitation program.
A Word on Accreditation:
Some schools have approval from the ACCSCT (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology). Although through Northeast Helicopters has considered becoming an accredited school, at this time we are not. One reason for not becoming accredited is class structure. An accredited school is required to have a much more structured classroom schedule, usually with other students. We feel students learn more effectively when it is at their own pace; a pace designed by you and your instructor on a one-on-one basis. Northeast Helicopters has been teaching in this fashion since 1974 and find it to be most productive for the student.
Our second reason for not being accredited has to do with refund policies. We have heard from many student who lost a large portion of their school tuition because of refund policies required by accredited schools. If you go to an accredited school, be sure to ask about their refund policy.
2. You will receive personal attention from the owners. John and Rhonda Boulette are active in day-to-day operations, from enrolling students, helping with the finance options and scheduling demos to lending a hand in the maintenance department.
3. NEH can provide you with two examiners available for students' check rides, as well as the local FAA Examiners.
4. NEH has private classrooms for your one-on-one training.
5. If you need to relocate to train at NEH, we have made arrangements for guaranteed immediate employment for our NEH students.
6. If you need to relocate to train at NEH, we have local housing for our students within walking and bike-riding distance from the school.
7. NEH has a full-service maintenance department and is a manufacturer-approved service center. Our Director of Maintenacne is a factory-trained FAA Certified A & P. All maintenance and overhauls are done at the school, which helps prevent scheduling issues and grounded aircraft/lost flights for our students.
8. All NEH Instructors are CFIIs. NEH has instrument training aircraft, equipped with state of the art GPS systems to handle your instrument training needs.
9. NEH offers several separate courses apart from the normal curriculum. These courses are included in the Pro-Trac program:
We offer a Pre-Flight/Maintenance Course: This course is a more in-depth look at the mechanical side of helicopters.
We offer a Safety/Wire Strike Course: An overview of helicopter maneuvers along with the potential hazards and solutions to the hazards.
NEH students can also attend a Ditching Class: Our students will get a reduced rate on the Survival Systems Aircraft Survival Class. (This is not a part of the Pro-Trac Program.)
10. NEH has a working relationship with colleges in New England, as well as Utah Valley State College, for students wanting their Associate's Degrees.
Give us a call about touring our facility and meeting the owners and staff. We would be happy to discuss your goals and training needs.
This is why you train in New England, REAL WORLD flying experience.
Above Grant Hamilton, flying EMS in Eurocopters' EC 135 Metro Aviation, in Lebanon, NH. Metro Aviation has one of the best safety records in the industry. Grant is a graduate of NEH and former CFII with NEH.